Pebbles

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Steampunk Christmas

My first DT card for Creative Expressions and I've used the gorgeous new set from Sam Poole called Steampunk Christmas.

Umount Steampunk Christmas A5 Stamp Plate
 
 
Here's my card
 
 
 
To start with I used the tree stamp as a background. I masked off the stand of the tree and used an embossing ink pad and clear embossing ink. I stamped one in the middle of the card and then arranged more of the image around it.
Using a worn lipstick TH distress pad I rubbed over the card , pressing harder in some parts. I then took a damp baby wipe and swiped over the ink to make the embossed bits "pop".
I then stitched around the edges with a brown ink.
Next I gold embossed the grid stamp around 3 of the corners.
I stamped out the bird and coloured him in with walnut and worn lipstick distress inks. I added some gold to the cog in his hat and a red gem to his eye.
The small cogs were gold embossed and I added a little triangle to the top of the cogs with a gold pen to make them look like baubles. I split some threads up from bakers twine and added them to the baubles and attached them to his beak, adding a little bow to the top. The bird and baubles were then adhered to the card with 3D pads.
I didn't have red bakers twine so I ran the worn lipstick ink along it to make it appear more red. I added it to the bottom of the card.
I then randomly swiped a little walnut ink over the card to tone it down a bit.
Finally I gold embossed the sentiment onto some card, cut around it and used the worn lipstick to swipe over and edge it. These were also adhered with 3D pads.
 
I found this set really versatile and easy to use.
 
I'll be showing more projects using Creative Expressions products very soon.
 
Shary
x

4 comments:

  1. Many congratulations on your CE DT position Shary and your card is just stunning. Love the colours and stitching and the steampunk bird is fabulous.
    Looks like more for the wish list - sigh!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic first piece Shary. it is great and that is a brilliant stamp set. well done - just love it
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation Shary, it's so cool. Love all the details and the stamps are awesome. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shary, fantastic 1st dt project, love the depth of detail the c.tree gives the background. My fav stamps too:)

    and hey you are from Fife (even better lol) x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)