Pebbles

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Daylight Lamps

I was lucky enough to be  asked to do a review for Daylight lamps by Papermill Direct. We were given a choice of which lamp we would like.
I chose the 

LED Flexilens™ with Base & Clip, Black

PRODUCT CODE DN1161
£29.99
This is one of the products from the StarMag™ range. This is a practical and compact LED and magnifying lamp which is ideal for any craft, art or reading activity. It incorporates a flexible arm for easy adjustment with 2 bright daylight™ LEDs and a large 2.0X magnifier (4 diopter). The unique and adaptable base has a clip for attaching to a table and swing-out legs for freestanding.
  • • Multifunctional LED light with extra large magnifier
  • • 2 Bright daylight™ LEDs with pure white light(uses only 0.32W)
  • • Extra long battery life, up to 40 hours of comfortable light
  • • Large 11cm/4¼" magnifier with 2.0X magnification(4 diopter)
  • • Practical 2.5cm/1" inset lens with 4.0X magnification(12 diopter)
  • • Long 22cm/85/8" flexible arm for precise & easy adjustment
  • • Strong clip to attach to frames, hoops, books & tables up to 3.6cm/13/8" thick
  • • Smart & practical base with swing-out legs for extra stability
  • • Lightweight & compact, easy to take with you
  • • daylight™ LEDs don’t need replacement
  • • Soft fabric pouch included to protect the lens
I received the lamp a few days later and was very pleased with it. All you need to do is find 3 AAA batteries and away you go.
 I picked this one because it has a free standing base or you can use the clamp. Ideal for me as I tend to go from my craft room to my living room to design my projects. I can clamp it to my craft desk or leave it free standing in my living room for my Cameo work or for taking photos with my lightbox.
The flexilens was very useful! My eyesight is not the best anymore and I do wear glasses for reading , designing etc. But my eyes do get tired and I can get some blurry vision. The lens helped me with this as with the lamp I wasn't straining my eyes so much. I colour stamped images with Copic pens and this also helped me to keep within the lines and improve my shading.
The lamp also comes with a little soft pocket with drawstrings to cover your lens. This is a good idea to keep those dirty fingermarks off the lens in between usage.
I did loose my lamp for a couple of days due to my husband pinching it for his model making!!! He said he would recommend it too for painting "those fiddly bits" and putting together models.
So all in all a good all rounder for all those crafty projects I think!!
Shary
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)