So I found this pallet at Hobbycraft, think it was about £3.50 and I wanted to turn it into something crafty.
So here it is in it's bare form. It measures 11.9 x 15.9
And here is what I made it into. To be honest I'm not 100% happy with it but I have done a step by step to show you how I made it.
1. I painted the whole of the pallet with Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint in Serene.
2. With a dry paint brush I painted over the blue with DecoArt media Antiquing Cream in white.
3. Using a stencil of your choice and modelling paste apply the paste through the stencil. Mask off the bits you don't want with low tack tape.
4. So now let your creativity fly!! I first added some torn patterned paper with glue, I then painted over the paper with some crackle glaze. Using smaller stamps I stamped randomly over the pallet in black and blue distress ink. I again used a stencil for the "Create Art". I used the paste, let it dry and then put the stencil over again and inked through with some distress inks. To create the shadow around the words I used a pencil to go around the words and then gently smudged it. You can really use anything you want, inks, stencils, chipboard, embellishments, it's your art use what you feel!
5. Stamp your chosen image, I've used Unity Stamps - Peyton Girl onto white card. Colour her hair and skin with your chosen pens. Then stamp her out onto several different patterned papers and cut out the dress, leggings, shoes etc. Glue these to the original stamped image. Cut around the image and glue onto the canvas where you would like it. I then added some pearls to the flowers and her necklace. Next to help her to blend in with the canvas I smudged in some white gesso around her outline.
6. To finish off I inked around the edges of the pallet with distress inks.
If you'd like any more details or help please contact me, I'd be happy to help. I hope you've found this helpful.