Pebbles

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Creative Expressions

Hello think I've finally got myself sorted out now and my mojo seems to be gradually coming back so today I'd like to show you a little coaster with a tutorial that I have made for my Creative Expressions DT project.







1. Take an old or blank coaster and cover with a thick layer of Gesso.


2. Using Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Dusty Concorde and Milled Lavender "paint" over the coaster. Then splodge Picket Fence Distress Stain over the painted coaster.


3. Stamp the Celtic Feather stamp onto the coaster with clear embossing ink and use a gold distress embossing powder.

4. Using a clear embossing ink and a white embossing powder randomly add little highlights around the coaster. I also used a little bit of sequin waste to one corner. Stamp out the flourish from the Floral Silhouette stamp plate in black ink around the corners.

5. Stamp one of the butterflies from the Floral Silhouette stamp plate onto lilac tissue paper with clear embossing ink and white embossing powder. Cut out. 

6. Dab over all the white embossing powder with a little Milled Lavender distress ink to take away some of the starkness of the white.

7. Okay so here is where I made a mistake!!!! I tried to use some multi medium to adhere the butterfly and seal the coaster but it didn't work. It totally smeared everything. The best thing to use was Modge Podge. Because of this mistake I had to stamp out the flourishes again to make them show.

8. Because the modge podge was still a little sticky I put a little of the Western Blue Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter onto my finger and lightly smeared over the coaster. I let it stick randomly.

And here is the finished coaster......



Shary
x

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous transformation, love the background, perfect for,the dimensional butterfly. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)