Pebbles

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Papermill Direct DIY Project Life


I have a new addiction - Project Life!! Project Life is a really simple easy way for you to scrapbook your pictures.
You have an album, photo page protectors, a core kit and your favourite photos. Here's my first pages that I put together. For this one I used a Becky Higgins core kit called Honey.




And then I had the idea of making my own cards. Pretty simple really, all you need is some Papermill Direct card and a die cutting machine, or if you want something really simple you could cut the shapes yourself or use ready made shapes. The cards come in generally two sizes  6x4 or 3x4.

So first I cut out 2, 6x4 cards on my Silhouette Cameo. A plain one using the cream linen and the kite one using the Maroon card. I also cut out the kite die with the same Maroon card.

Pic 1

The title letters were cut in three layers with the same cream and maroon card on my Cameo . I then used a glue pen to layer them all up.

Pic 7

I've then put the title card all together.

Pic 2


Next I've cut out 3 layers of card for the journalling card, the largest one being 6x4 ins. I then cut out the kite shape in maroon. 
Pic 3
                                           
Layer up the card and then I added the kite shape down the left hand side. This card is for you to journal on. Don’t forget to add the date and location.

                                 Pic 4
Next I wanted some embellishments for the actual photos as they had some quite big plain areas. I cut out some different shaped kites in layers and then an arrow.

                                 Pic 5
I place the title and journalling card in the first and last pockets and then placed my photos. Where I thought it looked a bit bare I glued my kite embellishments. Because I wanted my arrow on several photos I glued it to the actual photo pockets.

Here's my final page. 

                                  Pic 6a

You can see this tutorial on the Papermill Direct blog.

Shary
x

2 comments:

  1. Love how you created your own cards for this project, they look amazing!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. shary, it looks great. I have been tempted by project life for several months now! something to add to the list for 2014 perhaps! x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)