Pebbles

Monday 14 July 2014

Decorations from Docrafts.


I was asked by Docrafts to make some projects with some of their products. This is my first project and a little tutorial on how I made them.
I made mine so that they were a Shabby Chic Tea Party style.


And with battery fairy lights in them.



Here are the products I used. You can see all the Docrafts products here at the online shop.

Papermania Capsule Collection - Wild Rose                  Xcut Extra large Christmas Decoration die

Tutorial


  • Die cut two of the decorations. If you use single sided papers then you need to turn one of the papers over to make it an opposite side. Ink all your edges with distress ink. I have used Tim Holtz Vintage Wood.
                                      

  • I put in a little brad in the middle, this made it easier for me to weave. Start weaving your decoration under, then over. There are instructions on the packet. You may find your first one a little fiddly but come the second you'll be an old hand at it!:0)


  • When you have weaved it to as tight as you want it ( mine was about 4 rounds), thread some cotton through the top holes using a needle and then knot.
    
  • Punch or die cut some embellishments. I've used Tonic and Martha Stewart punches. I cut four flowers out of the Wild rose papers so I could make them double sided. I then inked the edges and added a little pink gem. I punched out the butterflies and also inked them.


  • Adhere your embellishments with some strong glue. I have used Collal. I put the flower a little lower down from the top so it wouldn't get in the way of the threaded ribbon.
  • Add your ribbon and lights if required and there you go a great decoration for the house or garden. If you make them with papers remember to bring them in after use or you'll have soggy baubles. If you intend to leave them outside why not try embossed acetate?
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and my shabby chic decorations.
I'll be showing another tutorial with a different die soon.

Shary
x


7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project, the decoration looks fab with the fairy lights inside. Great tutorial too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty. A fab design love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a very beautiful project you have made Shary.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, such a pretty project and different way to use the die xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project - I adore the shabby chic style here and the pretty pastel colours :-) And you put lights in them too...oh, just too cute!
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are simply amazing! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)