Pebbles

Thursday 11 October 2012

Creative Expressions DT Canvas

Morning time to show my 3rd piece for Creative Expressions and this time along with the Steampunk Christmas set I've made a canvas.


Firstly I sprayed the canvas with red and green spray inks. I then made a stencil using the "25" stamp and used gesso to make the 25 stand out. When they were dry and I went over them with some lipstick red distress ink. I achieved some lovely texture on them this way. I stamped the bird and light bulb bloom onto acetate and coloured the backs with red, green and gold perfect pearls then adhered them to the canvas. Next came some clear embossing powder mixed with frantage copper fragments around the edges.I decided I didn't want to waste the actual cut out from the 25 stencil so I put that over one of the gesso 25's and added a little gold pen. I stamped up a cog with black ink and randomly stamped it over the canvas. Finally I added gold pen around the edges, bird and bloom and splattered a little onto the canvas.

Don't forget to go over to the Creative Expressions news blog as we are currently showing a meet the team blog post once a week. Also we have a facebook page where we show all the DT projects. They really are amazing.

Shary
x

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous love the layout and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shary!
    I think most of us are choosing Thursday as the Creative Expressions day!!! Love this, the colours are so Christmassy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas canvas, great traditional colours too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to showcase the stamps, love the colours in your canvas. x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)