Pebbles

Sunday 1 April 2018

Unity Stamps April Kit of the Month



Hey there today's the day for the brand new Unity Kit of the Month for April. It's another stunner!

No automatic alt text available.

Isn't it gorgeous? To start with I've used two images and one sentiment from the kit on just one card. I'm sure I'll be using more in the coming month! 
So I made this mixed media card.


I wanted to get lots of texture on this one so I started off with a layer of cork. (lol it was actually a sunny day in Scotland for a change so I got a bit of a shadow). I also cut out a frame with the cork.
I then took some textured cardstock and stencilled the hexagon pattern onto it with some oxide ink.
The actual front panel is greyboard covered in white top layer so it had the ideal surface to use oxide inks on.
I've used a few different stamps on top including the hive image from the KOTM.  
The main image was stamped onto white card and inked. I went over the bee with another layer of the inks but I watercoloured with them.
The sentiment was stamped onto white card and edged with oxide inks.
Just a few sequins to finish off. 

Look out for more projects featuring the KOTM in the next few days.

Sharon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)