Pebbles

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Until .... canvas on easel

Here's what I've been up to this morning. I made this canvas after seeing a beautiful one on display at Craftworld. Needless to say it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Not too sure about the wings.

I've first covered the canvas with some Tim Holtz resist kraft paper and then gone round it with walnut distress ink. Next came some tape washi tape that I got free from a magazine. Oh I used a gel medium to adhere the paper and tape to the canvas. The film strip is from a Tim Holtz stamp. The butterfly I stamped on acetate and cut out. I coloured it lightly with a copic pen. The crown and wings were stamps from a Hunkydory set and I've also used the same TH kraft paper to stamp them on. I gave the crown, wings and acetate butterfly a light dusting of perfect pearls interference violet. On the crown I placed a little butterfly which I cut out of shrink plastic. Finally the quote is from a set from Dylusions. NB the wings may have to come off not sure about them!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Fab project and I quite like the wings. When I first saw your project (over on CB) I assumed it was an ATC - ooopsie!

    Happy Tuesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Shary and I like the wings but it's your project!! Lovely work. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it so much. Great techniques you have used and it all goes so well together.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)