Pebbles

Friday 24 August 2012

Canvas and easel

Friday!!! Roll on tomorrow when my daughter is coming home for the weekend from Uni, really looking forward to seeing her.
So today is my turn on the Studio12 Polkadoodle blog. I've made a canvas to go on an easel.


I took a blank canvas and covered it with matt medium and then adhered the large rose paper from the All Sewn Up kit from the Picknix Collection 1 CD. I printed out the elements from the same All Sewn Up kit and inked them with walnut distress ink. I punched out the butterflies using the smaller rose paper and used them for a skirt for the dressmakers dummy. The buttons have been cut with a Marianne Designs die and the buttons from the CD. The sentiment is also from All Sewn Up. Before adhering the elements I used gesso and a flower mask to add some texture and also inked through some sequin waste. I also dabbed over some ink to make it look vintagey an also smeared some light pink paint over the canvas. The elements and sentiment were then adhered.
 
Don't forget to keep going over to the Studio 12 blog to see the fab projects the DT show.
 
Shary
x

2 comments:

  1. this canvas is stunning shary. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorg Shary, love the colours and how you dressed the dummy!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)