Pebbles

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Welcome to my world

Yay kids back at school today, not so yay that I have to get up and dressed early!! At least I'll be able to craft a bit more now.

Today I'd like to show you a card I made using inks and watercolour paper for My Mums Craft Shop.


First I took a piece of square watercolour paper slightly smaller than my card blank and spritzed it with water. Then I sprayed over some of the gorgeous Dylusions ink sprays in Bubblegum Pink and Vibrant Turquoise. When mixed they make the purple colour. On a previous card I used the Cheery Lynn mini fanciful flourish die but I didn't want to throw away the waste so on this card I used it as a stencil with cream acrylic paint. To add a little texture I used a Tando Creative sequin waste mask with a little black ink. The border was made with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and paper from the Prima Doodle Deux paper pad. I inked the edges with TH milled lavendar distress ink. I then used a piece of ribbon to put across the middle and made a bow. As you can see I even kept the butterflies from the punch outs to use on my card. I added little pink gems to their centres. The flowers and girl are from the Creative Expressions - Artful Ladies collection. The flowers were stamped in versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder,cut out and a gem added. The lady is coloured in Copics and her wings are covered in shimmer mist. To finish off I added the sentiment which is from Creative Expressions - Art Sayings.

Everything is available from My Mum's Craft Shop.

You can see lots of great inspirational projects on the My Mum's Craft Shop blog here.

6 comments:

  1. Smashing project and loving your Dylusions background - two of my fave Dylusions colours to combine

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo pretty! I really have to get that dylusions bubblegum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab background so vibrant and love your finished card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card shary and love the colours of dylusions you have used
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi shary - I'm in lossiemouth near Inverness - my home town. Did you see me waving as I went past(lol)
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this, The colours are brilliant, Im so pleased the schools are back too, Peace to play!! Love Hxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)